We hope you are enjoying your summer. We are thankful to God for all of His wonderful blessings for St. John’s Church and School. At this time, our enrollment of K3 thru Grade 8 students is at about 250 students and we are looking forward to the new year.
Welcome Back Ice Cream Social and Parent Meeting – We are excited to be announcing that the 2019-20 Parent Orientation Meeting will take place on Monday, August 19th beginning at 6:00pm and is accompanied by an Ice Cream Social for parents, students and staff. Please note that this 6:00 Parent Meeting will be taking the place of the “mandatory” parent meeting which had previously been scheduled during the first week of school. Therefore, we do ask you to make an extra effort to have at least one parent from each family attend this meeting. Thank you.
School Begins – The first day of school for ALL St. John’s students will be Wednesday, August 21st. (2-day K3 students will be starting on Thursday, August 22nd.) The day will begin at 8:00 AM. St. John’s will have its Opening Worship Service at 8:30 AM. As always, parents and other family members are invited to join us for the opening worship service. We will follow a regular schedule for this first day of school.
St. John’s is in our second year of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) for grades K5-8. This curricular adaptation will continue to teach the Science information that allows us success in the MAP testing program and will also give the small group, hands-on, problem-solving experience that STEM offers.
St. John’s is also continuing to offer an Extended K4 Program. This program will offer afternoon 4-year-old students learning opportunities taught by school teachers to supplement the morning programs for K4.
Please review and complete the following forms which will be included in the summer packet:
- Emergency Contact Card (one per student) – to be completed in pencil and brought to Registration. Please make sure that PARENT CONTACT INFO IS INCLUDED UNDER PRIORITY CONTACTS on the cards.
- Internet Acceptable Use Policy / Social Media Form (one per student) – to be completed and signed by parent and student and brought to Registration.
- Student Immunization Record Form – for new students only. For returning students, please provide dates of any immunizations received during this past year.
- “Health Concern Plan” Form – to be completed and returned by Registration Day for those students who have allergies/asthma/or other health concerns.
- Worker and Parent/Guardian Application – one per parent/guardian who plans to be involved with school activities, field trips, etc. Please see the “Background Checks at St. John’s Lutheran School” insert for more information.
- Family Picture Form (for those families new to St. John’s School) – please read and email a picture and information as directed. Thank you.
- Business/Service Directory and Babysitter Directory information, if interested
It is important that at least one parent from each family attend Registration Day. If you will be out of town and unable to attend, it is important that you contact the school office to make alternate arrangements. School Registration Day for ALL St. John’s School families (with K3 thru grade 8 students) will take place on:
Sunday, August 4th, from 9:30 AM – Noon, following the 8 AM worship service,
Monday, August 5th, from 5-7:30 PM
- 5:00-5:45 PM -- Families with last names beginning with M-Z
- 5:45-6:30 PM -- Families with last names beginning with I-L
- 6:30-7:15 PM -- Families with last names beginning with A-H
In an effort to alleviate congestion we ask you to follow the above Monday evening schedule and keep in mind that students do not need to attend Registration Day. (If the suggested time does not work for you, you may arrive anytime between 5:00 and 7:15 PM, but your consideration is greatly appreciated.)
For Registration Day:
- Complete and return any applicable forms which are attached.
- Check accuracy of all email addresses, phone numbers and all emergency contact information, including current employers and work phone numbers. (These can be extremely important in the event of an emergency.)
- For returning students, bring the dates of any immunizations received during this past year. Keep in mind that changes to any of this information should always be reported to the school office in a timely manner.
Tuition Registration – This is where you will set up payment arrangements for your 2019-20 tuition and fees. You can avoid the tuition line at Registration by completing the on-line Tuition Registration questionnaire. See the attached “2019-20 School Tuition” Form for details about tuition and optional items which you may include in your tuition/fees payment arrangements. Then
- Click on the following link: http://www.sjtosa.org/page/180018777/180101329/Enrollment-and-Tuition
- Click the “Tuition Registration” icon
- Complete and submit the questionnaire
Upon submission of the online form, a tuition coordinator, will provide you with the details of the options selected, establish your payment schedule/method of payment, and answer any questions you may have.
In an effort to make Registration Day (August 4th & 5th) more efficient and timely, please take advantage of the online tuition registration. (Keep in mind that using the on-line tuition registration does not require a payment before August 15th.)
Hot Lunch Program – The cost of lunches will be $3.25 per lunch and $1 for an extra entrée. Payments to Hot Lunch will be deposited into your Family Lunch Account, and the cost of lunches consumed by all children in your family will be deducted from that one account. We ask that all families maintain a positive balance in their accounts. Any balances from the 2018-2019 school year will be applied to your 2019-20 Family Lunch Account. You can make a deposit to your Family Lunch Account during Tuition Registration. This initial deposit for school year is one of the optional “fees” which may be included in your payment arrangements for your 2018-19 Tuition/Fees. Thereafter, deposits may be made online using EFT, or by check/cash using the Lunch Deposit Envelopes and drop-boxes which can found in the School Office as well as the Childcare Room on the lower level.
Lunchtime Milk – Lunchtime milks are provided at St. John’s for all children. We will attempt to give all students in K5 thru 8th grade their choice of chocolate or white milk at lunchtime. Students will be allowed to have a 2nd carton of milk if they so choose. Due to special funding for the 2019-20 school year, there will be no additional out-of-pocket cost for student milks. As in the past, white milk is provided for Childcare children, and those students in our K3 and K4 programs.
St. John’s Childcare Program – St. John’s Childcare Program is offered year-round at St. John’s School to children who are at least 2 years of age and toilet trained. The purpose of this self-supported program is to provide organized adult supervision for your children from 7:00 AM to 5:45 PM. You must register in advance to use this program. Additionally, all students arriving at school prior to 7:40 AM as well as all students remaining on the school grounds after 3:15 PM will be directed to the Childcare area and the parents will be billed accordingly. The cost of using the Childcare program is $5.40 per hour, per child. Childcare uses an automated computer attendance/billing system. (ID numbers and check-in/check-out instructions will be provided at the start of school.) Bills will be emailed after the 1st and 15th of each month and payments are due upon receipt. Snacks and beverages (including lunchtime milk) will be provided at no additional charge. If your child is attending Childcare over the lunch hour, you may send a bag lunch or participate in the Hot Lunch Program (see details above).
Childcare is offered on a space-available basis. If you are in need of childcare on a regular basis, contact the Childcare office as soon as possible to reserve your spot. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact the Childcare Director, Miss Rachel Wendland at (414) 258-4214 ext. 81 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding registration or any of the above information, please contact the school office at (414) 258-4214 or email email@example.com. The staff and I are looking forward to working with you and having a great school year. May the Lord bless all of our efforts as we seek to do His will.
Yours in Christ,
Keep Reading >>