Welcome to St. John's Childcare where your child will:
Our Mission Statement:
- Receive excellent instruction delivered to them by qualified, experienced, and caring Christian teachers.
- Daily hear of God's love for them through stories, finger-plays, songs, and projects.
- Experience an atmosphere of love and caring for each other based on God's unconditional love for us.
- Learn in a stimulating educational environment where children can use all five senses to expand their thinking skills.
- Feel accepted and gain self confidence.
- Have daily opportunities for developing self-expression through music, movement, drama and art.
- Experience a safe and happy environment in which children can develop their large and small motor skills.
- Curriculum includes creative arts, sensory experience, music and movement, gross motor skills and dramatic play.
St. John's Lutheran Childcare exists to provide a Christian environment that nourishes the soul, mind and body of our young children by providing them care, comfort and love.
St John's Lutheran Childcare believes God creates each child with unique and special gifts that can be nurtured through creative and flexible activities that encourage growth and development as a child of God.
Childcare is open year round from 7:00 AM to 5:45 PM Monday through Friday. We are closed on the following holidays:
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
- Good Friday
Children must be at least 2 years old, potty trained, and able to demonstrate self-help skills.
Childcare is separate from St. John's Lutheran School with its own director and staff. While Childcare is intended to be a mission arm of the congregation, the Childcare program is planned to be self-sufficient, generating the income needed to pay its operating expenses. The cost of Childcare for the 2016-17 school year is $5.20 per hour.
The Childcare Room is similar to the classrooms in that it provides teacher-led activities and is equipped with learning centers and educational materials. It is a place where our preschoolers can go after their morning classes or on days when they do not have class.
Our Childcare provides a loving opportunity to reach out with the Gospel to the unchurched in our community.
For more information, contact Kelly Johnson, director, (414) 258-4214. Click here for enrollment information. Click here for Childcare news and events.