St. John's Lutheran Church bases all of its beliefs and teachings on these three main tenets of faith:
- We are saved by God's grace alone.
- We are saved through faith alone.
- What we believe is from Scripture alone.
We are a body of confessional Lutheran Christians committed to serving our community on behalf of Christ by:
- Bringing to people the love of God in Christ Jesus.
- Actively pursuing of the lost.
- Equipping Christians for service in Christ's kingdom.
- Growing ourselves, our children and each other in God's grace and truth.
- Acknowledging with our lives and worship the primacy of the Triune God in our life.
- Totally submitting to the truth of God in Scripture.
It is the will of God that the church should reach out with the Gospel. Making disciples is the mission of the church. All other tasks and efforts of the church should support and assist in carrying out these tasks. The Holy Spirit accomplishes this work both within and without the congregation through the Gospel in Word and Sacraments. The ministry of sharing and caring is the privilege and responsibility of all Christians.
To learn more about our beliefs and the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS), please visit "What We Believe" on wels.net.
Want to know more? Email the church office.
Read more about the history of St. John's here.